replace isp router

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

nathan974

replace isp router

Post by nathan974 »

Hello,
I am using gargoyle x86 to replace isp router.
My isp uses a hardening to avoid this kind of practice:
IPV4: dhcp60, dhcp61, dhcp77, dhcp90 and vlan 832
ipv6: dhcp11, dhcp15, dhcp16 and finally clone mac address.
My concern and that I manage to obtain an ipv4 but once on the user interface I press save change to apply a modification I lose the ipv4.. I do not understand where the problem comes from.

Lantis

Re: replace isp router

Post by Lantis »

Gargoyle does not offer VLAN support in the GUI, nor does it guarantee to respect any setting that it doesn’t recognise. As such when you press save on the connection page, it may undo any and all custom vlans you have established.

If you post your network config file I will look at it and see if I can offer a simple workaround.
I don’t have official vlan support in mind for now as it is complex.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

nathan974

Post by nathan974 »

I'm sorry I don't have a network configuration because I had to put my isp router back. I suspected it a little, that's why I created a topic for adding vlan

nathan974

Post by nathan974 »

I have a switch on hand that can manage the vlan I will test soon to see if it is indeed a problem with the vlan