DD-WRT Client Bridge -> Gargoyle

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

phlegmer

DD-WRT Client Bridge -> Gargoyle

Post by phlegmer »

Greetings,

Since I've been so plagued with issues using Athero's routers and DD-WRT, I slapped on Gargoyle. I have yet to put it into production since I will need some client bridges connected to it.

I have a few WNDR3300's that have DD-WRT loaded and configured for Client Bridge to the Gargoyle main router. The bridge would be using the 5ghz range and WPA2. Now on the DD-WRT side, I can specify TKIP or AES where as on Gargoyle I do not see that option.

Anyway, I tried switching channels on the Gargoyle and tried both TKIP and AES on the DD-WRT Client Bridge and I"m unsuccessful to get them to connect. (My understanding of WPA2 is it uses AES as the standard)

Is this type of setup possible?

Please advise and thanks!

phlegmer

Re: DD-WRT Client Bridge -> Gargoyle

Post by phlegmer »

Update:

I tried making a connection by turning off encryption and still no go. So for fun, I switched the client bridge to use the 2.4ghz radio and I was suddenly able to make a connection. Which suggests that the 5ghz isn't quite working right on the 400n and Gargoyle. I have done 5ghz CB's with the WNDR3300 before in a pure DD-WRT environment in the past.

I have no devices that use 5ghz so I can't do a site survey to confirm this. Under Connection>Basic Setup I have the operation mode set to Dual Band. I do have the option to set the SSID for both radio's however, when I go into the Status>Overview, I only see the 2.4ghz SSID listed.

Please advise...

Thanks

phlegmer

Re: DD-WRT Client Bridge -> Gargoyle

Post by phlegmer »

It appears to be an issue with the 400n

Guess I'll be reverting back to DD-WRT :(