Wiki!

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Wiki!

Post by Eric »

I've changed my mind: Gargoyle needs a Wiki.

My original aversion to the idea of a wiki came from my frustration almost two years ago trying to figure out how to build OpenWrt packages based on the information provided in the OpenWrt wiki. The documentation on this was so poor that I wrote my own tutorial, and in the process became skeptical of how effective a wiki might be for providing useful documentation.

I was wrong. Maintaining documentation is hard, no matter how it's stored, and using a wiki may actually help this. Therefore, We now have a wiki.

I've migrated all existing documentation to the wiki. Anyone can register (sorry, it's not tied to the forum registration, so you'll have to register again), and add to it. To register, just click the login button, and then select "register."

There's still a lot of things that need to be updated (e.g. we desperately need a new section to keep track of hardware support), but this should be coming soon. And now, since it's a wiki, I hope some of you can join me to help keep things up to date. I really appreciate the suggestions a lot of you have made on the forum, and hope this will be an opportunity for some of you who have posted there to share your knowledge of Gargoyle / Openwrt.

Many thanks (in advance) to everyone who contributes!

ispyisail

Re: Wiki!

Post by ispyisail »

I see you have seen the light

Something is better than nothing

I'm impressed with you work so far but I think its impossible for one man to do it all :)