WHR-G125: can't set IP address

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kevbo

WHR-G125: can't set IP address

Post by kevbo »

This is the strangest thing. I've put Gargoyle 1.4.1 on an old WHR-G125. I used gargoyle_1.4.1-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx. (I actually first put backfire 10.03.1-rc5, first the 2.4.x kernel version/old driver, then moved to the 2.6.32 kernel/new driver. Once that worked, I used sysupgrade from inside of OpenWRT and installed Gargoyle.)

I'm seeing problems when using the Gargoyle web interface to set the Local/LAN IP address. The web interface says "Please wait while settings are applied", and then never returns. If I ssh into the box and look at /etc/config/network, the changes haven't taken place. If, however, I then enter:

uci set network.lan.ipaddr="192.168.10.243"
uci commit network

and look at /etc/config/network, the new address is there. If I then reboot, the new address shows up in the web interface.

Have I messed something up with this Broadcom router? I don't know if there's any nvram stuff going on any more...I thought there wasn't.

In a fit of desperation, I also scp'ed the gargoyle_1.4.1-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx image onto the running box and did a sysupgrade -n, to flash a second time. Same result.

I have changed _other_ parameters successfully using the web GUI, like disabling DHCP and changing the NTP settings. But changing the LAN IP address doesn't work.

I have _not_ done a tftp install of gargoyle on this box. Should I try that?

Does the web GUI leave a log anywhere of what it has tried to do? I'm assuming it is running uci commands, but I haven't looked at the source for it yet.

kevbo

Re: WHR-G125: can't set IP address

Post by kevbo »

I actually have two routers, a Buffalo WHR-G125 (Broadcom) and a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH. I have updated both of them to the appropriate version of 1.4.1. The Broadcom based unit shows this behavior: updating the IP address in the web GUI of the LAN interface doesn't result in the IP address actually getting changed: the web gui just hangs at "Please wait while settings are applied", and the /etc/config/network file never gets updated.

The ar71xx unit does not show this behavior. It updates the IP address right away.

fi5ban

Re: WHR-G125: can't set IP address

Post by fi5ban »

I have had a similar issue when trying to change the subnet i can set it to 255.255.255.0 tried 255.255.0.0 does it but when try to do last octet to 224 it go out say applying changes yet never does this is on a wrt54gs gargoyle 1.4.1 in older version works fine