Quota control failed --bleeding edge

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

silvia15

Quota control failed --bleeding edge

Post by silvia15 »

Hi Eric,

I am not sure if it is only me encounter this problem...

at the quota control....

if you only set the limit for download, and di not set for upload and combine....
you will still get internet access even if you hit 100% of download quota...

but it works fine as long as i set the combine option additionally ( still leave upload blank..)

hardware wrt54gl

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Quota control failed --bleeding edge

Post by Eric »

Thanks for reporting this. I've identified the problem, and it's been fixed in the SVN code repository.

I'll upload new bleeding edge firmware within a day or two. Right now I'm wrestling with a really nasty bug in the bandwidth monitor that I'd like to fix before uploading new firmware.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

New bleeding edge firmware has now been uploaded that fixes this.

NL2009

Post by NL2009 »

Hi Eric

Before I load the new bleeding edge firmware (Sunday 7th June), is it possible to save the current usage stats/quotas so that I can restore them after the firmware upgrade? I am using the previous bleeding-edge firmware release.
Regards, Nigel

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

You can use the backup utility in the system /backup section, and restore in the new firmware (which works now -- there's a bug in the current bleeding edge which prevents the restore from working properly)

A word of warning: The backup section works fine. However, the OLD bleeding edge firmware has a VERY annoying bug that I discovered (and fixed).... The new login system caused the upgrade function to break. You're going to need to ssh into the router and use the mtd command to upgrade manually. See this post for details on how to do this. Allow me to apologize profusely for the inconvenience I know this may cause... :oops:

NL2009

Post by NL2009 »

Hi Eric

Thanks, I successfully downloaded the latest bleeding-edge firmware and was able to upgrade using the manual upgrade method you described.

I am however unable to restore the configuration that I had previously saved. When I click on the "Restore Configuration Now" button, I just get the "spinning wheel".

My main concern is to restore the Firewall -> Quotas data. Any suggestions on how to proceed will be most appreciated!
Regards, Nigel

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

That's very odd, since I tested this functionality for the new release, and I thought I had it fixed. I'll test again tonight

If you specifically need the quota data manually, here's what you can do right now: scp the backup file to the machine manually, unzip it and restart the router:

Code: Select all

scp backup.tar.gz root@192.168.1.1:/tmp
ssh root@192.168.1.1
cd /tmp
tar xzf backup.tar.gz -C /
reboot

NL2009

Post by NL2009 »

Eric wrote:That's very odd, since I tested this functionality for the new release, and I thought I had it fixed. I'll test again tonight

If you specifically need the quota data manually, here's what you can do right now: scp the backup file to the machine manually, unzip it and restart the router:

scp backup.tar.gz root@192.168.1.1:/tmp
ssh root@192.168.1.1
cd /tmp
tar xzf backup.tar.gz -C /
reboot
Hi Eric

Thanks - I have done this and I now see the expected usage data at the login screen. I am now having a problem where I cannot login. I keep on getting the login screen - irrespective of the password I use (i.e. I am not getting a login error if I use the wrong password).

I can still ssh into the router using my correct password...

Note that I have tried refreshing my web page (CTRL-F5) in case the page was somehow in the browser cache. I have tried both Firefox and IE7 but get the same result... I am guessing that there is a cookie problem (?)

The good news is that I am back online ;)
Regards, Nigel

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Ah.. yeah, I just realized what's going on. I should have thought of that. Oops.

The problem is that there's a new parameter in /etc/config/gargoyle which specifies the timeout, but you just overwrote that config file with the old version. ssh into the router and add this line to the "global" section of the /etc/config/gargoyle config:

option session_timeout '15'
You can use vi to edit the file after sshing into the router. (vi /etc/config/gargoyle). If you don't feel comfortable using vi, you can scp the file to your computer edit it with your editor of choice and then re-upload it.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I still can't replicate your original issue -- the restore backup script seems to work fine for me.

I have, however, uploaded new firmware that will prevent the issue you experienced with the new session_timeout variable from causing problems if you use the GUI to do the restore.