Paypal Gateway Error

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Daybreak0

Paypal Gateway Error

Post by Daybreak0 »

Trying to Checkout in your shop, and go to paypal, login, press paynow, and I get thrown back to your site with Gateway Error -
Gateway Error: The customer must return to PayPal to select new funding sources.
Well It is cash in my Paypal account, although Paypal is converting from AUD to USD, but that occurs at my end. Paypal itself does not have an issue, and is allowing me to confirm.

Was not sure where to post this, as there was no forum devoted to payment.

John

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Paypal Gateway Error

Post by Eric »

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into this right away.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Hmm.. this seems to be an issue with PayPal, not the shopping cart software. The Paypal API error code associated with the error you are seeing is 10422, and the error is just being displayed by the shopping cart when the payment didn't go through.

I'm not sure why PayPal is not letting you complete the transaction, but I just sent a payment to myself using the shopping cart software (from a second paypal account and one of my credit cards to my main paypal account), and it went through ok -- so this isn't something that is happening in all cases.

All I can think to suggest is to make sure your PayPal balance is sufficient.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the shop? PLEASE let me know right away (by posting to this thread) if you are!

Daybreak0

Post by Daybreak0 »

Paypal balance is definitely sufficient, so I am unsure of what is happening. I have had a few other transactions occur, but am I verified - Will try again later and contact Paypal if there is still a problem.

rsaddey

Post by rsaddey »

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I actually came across that post, but I double-checked my settings and I'm not blocking International Bank accounts, so I'm still scratching my head....

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I double-checked and found another PayPal setting that may be the cause of the problem. If someone who was experiencing this issue could try again, and report the result it would be very helpful.