Latest Gargoyle Build Fails

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

KingJL

Latest Gargoyle Build Fails

Post by KingJL »

First let me inform you that I am new to gargoyle!

I am trying to build the latest Gargole (revision 3a5e7d0a/Backfire ver 27115) for the ar71xx target. I get an error in the Makefile in directory "./ar71xx-src/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/haserl-0.9.26/src as folows :
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/KingJL/router/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/haserl-0.9.26/src'
Makefile:474: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8 spaces?). Stop.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/KingJL/router/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/haserl-0.9.26/src'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

How can I fix/overcome this. I tried to edit the offending line of the makefile, but it is overwritten when I re-run "make ar71xx". Is this error introduced by the latest version of Backfire? Do I need to git' an older version?

KingJL

Re: Latest Gargoyle Build Fails

Post by KingJL »

I do not know if this is the proper way to fix the problem or not. I used a 'brute force' method. I replaced the file: 'Makefile.in' in the haserl-0.9.26.tar.gz archive that was in the 'downloads' directory with one that had the offending line(s) edited to replace the leading 8 spaces with a 'tab'.

At least the build is now progressing! Will follow-up with success/failure report!

muskratsprings

Post by muskratsprings »

FYI
I was getting similar errors with Fedora 14 and make version 3.82. I downloaded to make 3.81 and it compiled/built...

KingJL

Post by KingJL »

Well, the above action (editing the Makefile.in in the archive) seems to have worked satisfactorily. There have been no further fatal build errors and I now have images for all of the configured ar71xx machines. The one of interest is the wzr-hp-g300nh. I have a new one arriving in a couple of days.

BTW: Is there a way to only build for the machine of interest (i.e. wzr-hp-g300nh)?

KingJL

Post by KingJL »

muskratsprings wrote:FYI
I was getting similar errors with Fedora 14 and make version 3.82. I downloaded to make 3.81 and it compiled/built...
Common denominator: I'm on Fedora 14 also!!!