Quota page not displayed

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Crowbar

Re: Quota page not displayed

Post by Crowbar »

I have the same situation in Windows 7 the bandwidth usage graphs does not show - however in XP it does show so it could be explorer 8 problem, not to concerned at this stage.

I also find in the "Time page" it gets the date correct but not the time. Its about 3 hrs behind, I have set the correct country.

Maybe Im not doing it right ;)

NL2009

Post by NL2009 »

Hi Eric

Thanks, the latest firmware appears to have solved the problem of the incorrect date.

I have however noticed that the Status -> Bandwidth Usage -> Total Bandwidth Usage does not appear to be correct. This summary of the total bandwidth significantly under-reports the actual usage compared to the Firewall -> Quotas section. The Quotas section matches what my ISP reports.
Regards, Nigel

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Is the bandwidth discrepancy true in both directions (upload and download) or just one? If there's a significant difference in both, is there one direction that's more different than the other? Also, could you specify exactly how large the difference is?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

The new authentication system has now been implemented in the latest bleeding-edge firmware.

If there is a quota defined for the IP of the connecting user and/or for the network as a whole quota usage will be displayed for those two quotas on the login page (so you don't have to login to monitor your usage).

NL2009

Post by NL2009 »

Eric wrote:Is the bandwidth discrepancy true in both directions (upload and download) or just one? If there's a significant difference in both, is there one direction that's more different than the other? Also, could you specify exactly how large the difference is?
Hi Eric

There seems to be no correlation at all between the value listed in the Total Bandwidth Usage field and the actual usage. For example, yesterday my ISP shows that I used 223.59 MB (combined) but the Total Bandwidth section shows 971kB download and 172kB upload (1.14MB combined). The Quota section shows 249.6MB cumulative - since I re-started the quota a day-and-a-half ago.

I will load the latest bleeding edge FW mentioned above and let you know if there is any change.
Regards, Nigel

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Wow, that is dramatically different. If you think the bandwidth data is wrong anyway I have a suggestion: clear your bandwidth data. The problem may be caused by you restoring old data that was generated when your time was messed up. To clear the old data ssh into the router and run the following. Note that this will completely wipe current bandwidth data, though your quota data should remain in tact:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/bwmon_gargoyle stop
cd /usr/data/bwmon
rm  *
/etc/init.d/bwmon_gargoyle start
Be sure to run those commands in that order -- don't just restart the bwmon daemon. If you restart instead of stoping and starting in two different steps it will automatically dump the data it has collected right before it stops, and then it will restart loading that data, defeating the purpose of wiping the data before/after.

Please let me know if you do that and the problem still persists.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Hmm... this doesn't seem to be due to corrupted data, because I just checked on my latest clean install and I'm seeing something similar. I'm looking into this now...