Beta 5 Reboot option disappeared

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

petermac

Beta 5 Reboot option disappeared

Post by petermac »

Hi,

I have just installed Beta 5. Seems to be working fine but I notice that there was a Reboot option under the System Tab that was there when I installed but disappeared once I reloaded my old settings.

Peter

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Beta 5 Reboot option disappeared

Post by Eric »

The problem is that when you reload settings you over-write the old gargoyle configuration file, which specifies the layout of the gargoyle interface. Your old version didn't know about the reboot section so it doesn't show up.

You can solve this by replacing the /etc/config/gargoyle file with this version.

petermac

Post by petermac »

Thanks that fixed the problem and a few other missing options. Also explains why the reboot option was missing in previous bleeding edge versions i tried.

Is there a reason that this file is backed up when the current configuration file is backed up? It doesn't appear to have things that are related to the users configuration and I image that most people would backup their configurations before installing a new version there by losing the new features when they reload the config file.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Actually there are configuration settings in that file. For example if you're in bridge mode a lot of sections get deactivated automatically (you don't need DHCP if the device is configured as a wireless bridge). Also, the status / quota distribution section is enabled only when quotas are active.

I should probably make some sort of parser that adds sections that should be there that are completely absent, but keeps the old configuration in tact. This is slightly tricky because it needs to detect what isn't there because it's deactivated, and what isn't there because it's a new section and should be added. It's something to work on for the 1.0 release.