Suggestion - time set quotas

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

dar1971

Suggestion - time set quotas

Post by dar1971 »

Hi team

Your development is fantastic and i will be using it for a flatmate who is a bandwidth hog here in Australia.

I am not sure if it is the same elsewhere (probably not) but our quota system for usage for my provider is split into peak and offpeak with different times.

For example, my current plan is 75GB peak (being 8am - 2am) and 75GB offpeak (being 2am - 8am).

My hope was to be able to set up quotas for my flatmate during these times to prevent all the bandwidth and current quota for the peak time being used up so we are not throttled by my ISP.

Is this a development that you can see for the future?

Many thanks

Darren

caeci11ius

Re: Suggestion - time set quotas

Post by caeci11ius »

No idea about whether this feature is of interest to the developers, but in the meantime perhaps you just cap the dude to his share of daytime quota given he can't be reasonable about it. You could also install transmission or something on the router to do downloads in offpeak and make him use that?

bplotkin

Re: Suggestion - time set quotas

Post by bplotkin »

I think you can do this by setting up two quotas one reset at 8am and the other at 2am both can have the 75gb limit and you either throttle it slow after or just stop it... or set it to 70 and throttle then which is similar method I use.
Linksys WRT54GL = Gargoyle 1.4.2
TP-Link TL-WR741ND = Gargoyle 1.4.2
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH = Gargoyle 1.4.2
http://eduboris.blogspot.com/search/label/Gargoyle