Moderator: Moderators

SVoyager

Re: Version 1.3.9

Post by SVoyager »

dlink DIR-825, AR71xx. hmm

caeci11ius

Post by caeci11ius »

Don't know what's happened...the WOL stuff wasn't showing up last night when I restored my settings, but it's there today. All good.

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

Did anyone with a WZR-HP-G300NH encounter an upgrade issue?

I upgraded via the 1.3.9 sysupgrade, looked like it went OK,
rebooted, entered in the new password and chose timezone,
and then I got a Connection Refused page for the router IP.

I can reboot and ping 192.168.1.1, but I cannot connect via web GUI,
and when I try to telnet in via SSH, it does not accept the password.

I know I can recover via TFTP, so shouldn't be an issue, but just
wondered if anyone else had issues upgrading?
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Domino_55

Post by Domino_55 »

Hi Eric,

I have two minor bugs (?) in version 1.3.9

1., On the Connection -> DHCP page, the Assigned Static IP Addresses table overflows the main frame in Firefox 3.5.16

2., When I set up a different Update Frequency for example Every 12 Hours on System -> Time page, Gargoyle doesn't save this at the first try. Then I navigate to the Identification page, and then go back to the Time page, and I set up the Update Frequency to Every 12 Hours at the second time, the change was saved.

Best regards,
Domino
Last edited by Domino_55 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arteq

Post by arteq »

Domino_55 wrote:
And the two minor bugs:

1., On the Connection -> DHCP page, the Assigned Static IP Addresses table overflows the main frame in Firefox 3.5.16
(image attached)
Domino
Please show image. I test in FF 3.6.12 at Archlinux and is good.
Best Regards, Artur
http://openwrt.pl - Polish Center of OpenWrt
http://digi-led.pl - Electronic Parts

caeci11ius

Post by caeci11ius »

I seem to be having troubles. My latest version Ubuntu server won't connect or serve anything. I was able to boot it, after which I saw IFCONFIG had full connection with IPV6 but didn't mention an address for IPV4. Any comments? Seems to work fine for MacOS/Windows...

Domino_55

Post by Domino_55 »

arteq wrote:
Domino_55 wrote:
And the two minor bugs:

(image attached)
Domino
Please show image. I test in FF 3.6.12 at Archlinux and is good.
Ooops... I just downgraded meanwhile to 1.3.8 because I had many problems with the ath9k driver, and I deleted the screenshot about this overflow.
I will upgrade to the recent version of Firefox, and if I have this problem again I will report it.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

caeci11ius: While I don't have a WNDR3700 I have tested AR71XX version 1.3.9 with Ubuntu and it seems to work fine. I'm not sure what might be going wrong

DoesItMatter: Again, I don't have this model but I've tested both sysupgrade and factory firmware flashing on AR71XX models and they seem to work ok for me. It's hard to debug something like this without the exact hardware (and there are a LOT of AR71XX hardware models)

Regarding the position of the wake-on-lan button overflowing the dhcp table that may occur in some browsers, I think the best solution may be creating a seperate WoL section. That way it's clearer what the button is for, and I can add MAC addresses associated to a specific IP dynamically as well (by reading the dhcp leases file when the page loads).

SVoyager

Post by SVoyager »

Managed to get WOL working here, all is fine now. It is indeed overflowing in IE, FF and chrome on my end. Maybe display the page wider? There is alot of unused room on that page!!

Eric, was the usb fix for my dir-825 included in 1.3.9 ? because its not available over here. We discussed about it on this post: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 4732#p4732
Anything I can do to help?

Cheers, and nice work again.
Happy new year!
SV

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

SVoyager: Yes, it should be included. I just didn't bother mentioning it in the changelog since it's such a minor adjustment. Is it not working?

By the way, I just ordered a DIR-825. I want to get some sort of dual band support working properly and between the WNDR3700 and that one, which both support dual band, the DIR-825 seems cheaper.