Ubiquiti support for Gargoyle

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

victorhidalgo

Re: Ubiquiti support for Gargoyle

Post by victorhidalgo »

ispyisail greetings.

I apologize because I am not English and using a translator.

Nanostation2 the beta4 is now installed, but the beta5 is available and not upgrade.

how can I update to beta5?

thanks.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Eric wrote:Ah, yes. It is possible, but I haven't uploaded the proper firmware for that device. It gets built when Gargoyle builds (by the openwrt build process), but I haven't been uploading it since I haven't heard anyone express interest in this device until now. I've uploaded appropriate bleeding-edge firmware for this device, which you can download here.

Please note, I haven't actually tried using this firmware, as I don't own one of these devices. My inability to actually test it is another reason I hadn't uploaded the firmware until now.
From my understanding the above post is the only gargoyle firmware available for ubnt Ubiquiti devices.

Im not sure what version it is?

Eric needs to build custom firmware Ubiquiti devices

victorhidalgo

Post by victorhidalgo »

Thanks ispyisail.

Seabreams So Eric has time to build custom firmware for Ubiquiti devices.

Thanks for your reply.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Ah... victorhidalgo raises a good point.

The Gargoyle upgrade facility for atheros devices assumes the firmware configuration of a Fonera, where you can upgrade using two seperate files for the root and the kernel. However, the different firmware that the ubiquity devices uses means that this mechanism won't work.

I'm not sure what the best way to fix this is, since I don't have one of these devices available for testing.

My current plan is to start focusing more on support for more devices after the 1.0 release, but until then continuing to try and improve the firmware itself. There's a delicate balance between spending time fixing bugs that cause problems everywhere and working to increase the number of devices that can run the firmware.