Setting up as a wired Repeater

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kevin g.

Re: Setting up as a wired Repeater

Post by kevin g. »

Hmmm...that's what I would've thought. But, last night while setting everything up, I disconnected from the WAN port, and the Gateway/Router, logged in to the Gargoyle page via one of the LAN ports, and I was connected to the internet. This is while in AP mode.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Time to show a screenshot of your connection basic settings just to check.
And the status overview page too.

Also just a rough idea of how the network is currently interconnected.
What device are connected to what and how down to the individual port on the router.

If it is behaving strangely you may need to reset it to defaults and start again.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

kevin g.

Post by kevin g. »

Ok...when I can login, I will get some screenshots. I did attempt a 30/30/30 reset the night I was setting it up, but it never changed. It is definitely conflicting. Tonight, I attempted to setup the ASUS with my WHS 2011 box, and in the setup there was a message that I may have more than one router on my network.

I can't log in normally, either.

I should mention I am running 1.6.2

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

30/30/30 does nothing.
See the instructions in this thread for failsafe reset. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8505

The 1043 should be ok on 1.9.1 if you don't preserve settings, but you can leave it on 1.6.2 no problem.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

kevin g.

Post by kevin g. »

Thanks Lantis,
Weren't there reports of the wireless becoming unstable on 1.9 again? That's the main reason I switched to Gargoyle from stock...My days of having the reset the router were over!!