One quota used up, others lose internet

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

BikeMike

Re: One quota used up, others lose internet

Post by BikeMike »

At least it's not just me then, wouldn't want to send Eric chasing something that was my fault. :roll:
Let me know if any further info is required to help your debugging, Eric.
Kind regards,
Mike

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Actually I think I've already found and fixed the bug causing the weird IPs to show up in the SVN right now. The catch is that I'm in the middle of another major change right now -- I'm in the process of doing a complete overhaul of the bandwidth monitor back-end. So far the front end is the same, but the new version is leaner (less memory) and more flexible.

So.... I could upload a 1.0.5 version, but I haven't written a conversion tool to convert old format bandwidth data to the new format, which means anyone who upgraded would lose all their old bandwidth data. I'm working on writing this tool now. I'll try to get the new bandwidth monitor ready for release as soon as possible (next few days), so I can include this update for the quotas.

BikeMike

Post by BikeMike »

Thanks Eric, I'm happy to wait till it's ready :)

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Ok the fix is implemented in 1.0.5 (now uploaded).

BikeMike

Post by BikeMike »

Hi Eric,
Just loaded 1.0.5 but still having problems...

The random IPs in quotas have gone, but I still only have one working quota. All but the first one show all N/A where percentages should be on the Firewall-Quotas page, and only the first one shows on Status-Quota usage page. I tried editing and saving them all but it made no difference. I have not tested what happens when quota is reached for this one quota.

Initially I had problems getting my WAN connection up, had to reboot the router several times when it stopped responding after saving settings on the connections page. Got it working now, not sure what changed.

It seems like custom DNS servers are not used. I'm using OpenDNS servers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and have tried with the "force" option on or off. The page http://www.opendns.com/welcome/ reports that I am not using their DNS servers. This was mentioned in another thread and may have always been broken, I never actually checked before. The OpenDNS IP update works fine though.

I'm going back to 1.0.3 for now.
Regards,
Mike

Edit: Back on 1.0.3
Quotas are all working again (except when one is used up).
I have my 3 bandwidth usage plots back :)
Custom DNS still doesn't work.
Also, strangely, the Status-overview page has all blank values below memory usage.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Ok, I think I finally got this issue in 1.0.6, which I just uploaded. Please let me know.

Gabnoj

Post by Gabnoj »

Have had a quick play, and in my testing it seems that quotas are now back working, with no odd IPs showing up either, though I've only done a quick test..

:)

BikeMike

Post by BikeMike »

I can't get my WAN connection up with 1.0.6. After a couple of minutes the router becomes unresponsive. Rebooted many times, tried saving connection settings... no luck. If WAN port is disconnected from the modem everything else seems ok with just a brief check.

Back to 1.0.3 again for me :(
Regards,
Mike

Gabnoj

Post by Gabnoj »

Upgraded one of my routers from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 last night, and that one's working great, though I have another one that's not working so well..

Saved its backup from 1.0.3, flashed it to 1.0.6 and restored the backup, and then the router stopped responding completely.
Can't TFTP to it at all, during boot-up or otherwise. The "power" light flashes for start-up as usual, as does DMZ light, but once the router boots, the WLAN, DMZ and Power lights are all solid green, even with nothing plugged into the WAN or any LAN ports.

Backing up config from 1.0.3 seems to have completely bricked the 1.0.6...

:/

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I just uploaded 1.0.7, which may help solve the freeze-after-boot problem. What I think was happening is that the time was initialized to 1970, then when the real time is set when the WAN came up, the bandwidth monitor was trying to add intervals until it was up to date... in intervals of 2s each, which meant that it was taking forever and the whole thing was freezing up. This also explains why some people were seeing it and some not -- it's dependent on the split-second timing of when the WAN comes up and time is set relative to when the bandwidth monitor starts. I patched this issue in 1.0.7, but that's assuming I've diagnosed the problem correctly. Please let me know.

I'm looking into the freezing after restoration of old settings now.