no per-IP bandwidth monitoring?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

valentt

no per-IP bandwidth monitoring?

Post by valentt »

Hi,
just installed latest Gargoyle on TP-Link WR1043ND and it works great, I'm very pleased!

I have read somewhere that Gargoyle shows per user/IP bandwidth usage, and I can't find that graph/feature?

I can add few ip addreses that compare full bandwidth but I couldn't compare all of users and how much bandwidth they used.

I used BandwidthD: http://bandwidthd.sourceforge.net/

is there something similar for Gargoyle?

Cheers,
Valent.

tals

Re: no per-IP bandwidth monitoring?

Post by tals »

Bandwidth distribution may do what you want select days and hostname and you can then select the day you are interested in

Bandwidth usage allows comparisons between different users but only up to 3.
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)

valentt

Post by valentt »

Is there a way so that always top 3 bigest bandwidth hogs in last 24 hours are shown?

moz

Post by moz »

Is there a way to track which sites the downloads are coming from?
Theres a page that shows bandwith usage per network address, and there is a page that shows web usage giving me a list of sites accessed, but I would like to know, for each web site, what bandwith usage is downloaded from there.

The bandwith usage is great for showing which computer on the network is using the bandwith, but I would like to know what sites in particular are attracting the high usage.