Very pleased! -> WNDR3700v2

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Urgje

Very pleased! -> WNDR3700v2

Post by Urgje »

Hi,

Just registered to this forum I'd like to greet all participants in here!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Netgear WNDR3700v2 that had been very positively described in a test by one of my favorite computer magazines. Alas, the experiences were a lot less positive than I had hoped. Various versions of the official Netgear firmware made a little difference here and there, but the major nuisances did not disappear . . . until after a lot of reading about OpenWRT and it's various branches, I loaded Gargoyle. What a difference thát made!
Far more stable and lot stronger wireless signals and much faster restore of a wireless connection after waking up my notebooks from standby or sleep. Plus a lot more options that I value than the original firmware offered. Thank you, thank you, creators of this open firmware and all that contributed to it's development.

After cursing myself for the purchase, I'm now a very happy user of what appeared to be a great router after all.

greetings from Urgje
Urgje (Netgear WNDR3700v2 / Gargoyle 1.4.7)
[my ego shrank while growing up]

Urgje

Re: Very pleased! -> WNDR3700v2

Post by Urgje »

As an addendum; I'm using Gargoyleversion 1.4.0; seems to be rock stable.

greetings, Urgje
Urgje (Netgear WNDR3700v2 / Gargoyle 1.4.7)
[my ego shrank while growing up]

tals

Re: Very pleased! -> WNDR3700v2

Post by tals »

I purchased a 3700v2 specifically for the task of putting Gargoyle on it and making use of all its various functions - just bought up the Netgear page to do the update and straight into it. I had high expectations for this firmware and it's easily exceeded them - really impressed, really appreciate all the work the devs do in progressing this fantastic firmware.

Tals
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)