Fon Flash feature request

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Fon Flash feature request

Post by ispyisail »

Hi Eric

As you know i use Fon Flash for flashing other firmware but where possible i send people to your site.

1. On the Fon Flash front page can you add a URL to http://www.gargoyle-router.com at least if people are using fon flash for other firmware you will get traffic from it

2. Fon flash version number. I would be good to have the version number displayed somewhere. I've got a couple versions but im not sure which is which.

3. I would be good when flashing is finished that the log window could say open so you could cut and paste any errors to a post. At the moment flashing finishes you click ok and fon flash closes. You loose all information in the log window

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Fon Flash feature request

Post by Eric »

1) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the "FonFlash front page" Right now there's the news post in the forum and the the actual files in the download section. Where do you suggest I put the url? I've been planning on overhauling the site to reflect a lot of the recent changes (such as adding a section for FonFlash), but so far I've been too busy fixing bugs in the firmware.

2) You're definitely right. Silly, stupid me, I thought I'd gotten it pretty much right the first time, and it really wouldn't need a version number since there wasn't much to change. Someone needs to tattoo "Yes, Eric there is ALWAYS one more bug" across my forehead so I get the reminder every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror.

3) This might be a useful feature, but it's not really my top priority right now. I'll see what I can do.

ispyisail

Re: Fon Flash feature request

Post by ispyisail »

2) You're definitely right. Silly, stupid me, I thought I'd gotten it pretty much right the first time, and it really wouldn't need a version number since there wasn't much to change. Someone needs to tattoo "Yes, Eric there is ALWAYS one more bug" across my forehead so I get the reminder every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror.
LOL
1) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the "FonFlash front page" Right now there's the news post in the forum and the the actual files in the download section. Where do you suggest I put the url? I've been planning on overhauling the site to reflect a lot of the recent changes (such as adding a section for FonFlash), but so far I've been too busy fixing bugs in the firmware.
Sorry i meant "Fon Flash" main splash page (when you run "fon flash.exe" file, the first page that comes up)
3) This might be a useful feature, but it's not really my top priority right now. I'll see what I can do.
No problem, just giving some feed back

Gargoyle is probably your main focus but i suspect you are under estimating how a good "fon flash" is and could be.

openwrt
dd-wrt
robin
night wing
FON
Gargoyle
more...

Thanks for a good product