wich new router? (coming from a archer c7

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

ActionHenk

wich new router? (coming from a archer c7

Post by ActionHenk »

Hi,

First thanks for your firmware, ive been using it since the tp-link wr1043v1 all the way up to the tp-link archer c5 (flashed to c7)

Anyway, since our internet connection is upgraded from 200mbit/200mbit to 400mbit/400mbit, i would like to upgrade my archer c7 router. The c7 only does 180 mbit max on the wan port so it is time for a upgrade.

And well it is a must that it can run gargoyle, i like the interface and gives me all the options i need.

So i was investigating wich routers had more cpu power and had an option to buy a 2017 Linksys WRT3200ACM secondhand for 50 euro, its a big upgrade and pretty cheap. I thought lets do this, untill i came beware that this router isn't supported by gargoyle 1.14 (and open wrt 22.03) because of the duplicate data on all ports bug.

Also there seems to be some problems with wifi.

So my question is, which router that will run gargoyle is a good upgrade alternative for my tp-link archer c7? It seems that mostly only old models are advised, and besides the linksys options, i dont see much models with better cpu power then the tp-link archer series.

Thanks,

Lantis

Re: wich new router? (coming from a archer c7

Post by Lantis »

WRT3200ACM is supported in 1.15 beta (available in the Show and Tell part of the forum). Yes it will have wifi issues.

viewtopic.php?t=17920
Recent thread with a similar question.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ActionHenk

Re: wich new router? (coming from a archer c7

Post by ActionHenk »

Thanks, I canceld the wrt3200acm. I will temper my need for a new router for a bit and will closely follow the user experiences on the gl.inet flint 2. It seems promising after reading all the user experiences on openwrt forums and the web but for now i think it is best to wait a little and see what happens.

Thanks, wish i knew this earlyer so i could buy it at the early bird price.

Greetings, Henk!