Restoring bandwidth usage data?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

chuser

Restoring bandwidth usage data?

Post by chuser »

I have a couple of years of bandwidth usage data which I like to look at from time to time. My router's 2.4Ghz interface died so I had to replace it with a new model of the same router. I downloaded my bandwidth usage data before I unplugged the old router, how can I restore it?

Lantis

Re: Restoring bandwidth usage data?

Post by Lantis »

You can try the following, but it is not guaranteed and may require you to failsafe reset your device to make it work again.

1. /etc/init.d/bwmon_gargoyle stop
2. rm -rf /usr/data/bwmon/*
3. Copy your backup /usr/data/bwmon/ onto the router
4. /etc/init.d/bwmon_gargoyle start

It will either work, or you'll have loaded corrupted data and have to reset it.
Good luck :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

chuser

Post by chuser »

I just have a "bandwidth.csv" which is what the router gave me when I asked it to back up the data.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You cannot load the CSV. That button doesn’t say “backup” right? It’s just for downloading and viewing/processing offline.

If you did a backup of the router configuration this would include the data backups I was describing.
If you want to do some coding and you know python, you may be able to construct data files from the csv but this is entirely unsupported.
viewtopic.php?t=12801
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.