newifi gargoyle rtr

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

eternalsoloist

newifi gargoyle rtr

Post by eternalsoloist »

hey, so i bought a newifi branded router off ebay for like $30 it came with gargoyle pre flashed.
Seems pretty good for the money i just wanted to play around with it. So anyway today i needed an AP for something so i changed the mode into bridge/ap mode or whatever it was, it rebooted and now its in another mode but everything is in chinese.

it also refers this down the bottom of the page
Powered by LuCI Master (git-16.090.44941-2c17775) / OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 r48792

so anyway does anyone know how to change to english, or even which menu item to go to to change it back to the mode it was in which was english?

*attached a screenshot of config page

Lantis

Re: newifi gargoyle rtr

Post by Lantis »

Doesn't seem right at all.
Needs to be reflashed with Gargoyle if you want to get back to using it. It is now somehow running straight OpenWrt.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

eternalsoloist

Re: newifi gargoyle rtr

Post by eternalsoloist »

hi, thanks for that, so it seems it may have defaulted, ill check with the seller to see if i can restore it.