Midge with Gargoyle

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Fonel

Midge with Gargoyle

Post by Fonel »

I have recently received a Linksys WRT54GXv2 which uses a Realtek chip and is therefore not supported by the official OpenWRT distribution. Luckily there seems to be a fork of OpenWRT here http://midge.vlad.org.ua/wiki/Main which does support the Realtek chip. Is there a possibility that we will see a version of Gargoyle for the Linksys WRT54GXv2 in the future sometime?

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Midge with Gargoyle

Post by Eric »

It's not a fork of OpenWrt, it just says that it is "OpenWrt-like".

Unfortunately, Gargoyle is dependent on a lot of features that are very OpenWrt-specific. Trying to port Gargoyle to any platform that isn't actually OpenWrt or based on it would be a huge effort, so unless OpenWrt starts supporting this device (which I doubt will happen anytime soon, if ever), Gargoyle will not support it.

Fonel

Re: Midge with Gargoyle

Post by Fonel »

My mistake then I took it as being a fork of OpenWRT, but since it isn't I understand that getting Gargoyle to run on it is not easy and not something you would like to use your time on. Though I do hope you understand that the reason I have asked this question and similar ones (Gargoyle and Voyage) is because I really like Gargoyle and would like to use it on all my devices :)