Very simple question

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

Caudovittatus

Very simple question

Post by Caudovittatus »

Hi all,

I'm looking at building a custom image for my device (to see that I can), prior to doing some dev.

I'm entirely new to OpenWRT/Gargoyle (I'm an application developer on the server side rather so this will be my first foray into embedded).

Back to the point! Because I'm particularly dopey today (it is Sunday afterall) I keep messing up the MenuConfig (mainly pressing double Escape rather than single) and so I cancel the build (^C), but even if I do make cleanup (in the root) and make clean/cleandir in backfire-src and custom-src, I can't seem to get menuconfig back by running make custom. Is there any way to revert short of starting with a complete fresh git clone?

Thanks in advance!

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Very simple question

Post by Eric »

Don't change anything in backfire-src. You can cd into the custom-src directory and run make menuconfig and it should work provided you don't change the architecture you're building for (in which case everything needs to be repatched). If you do need a custom architecture different from before, remove the custom-src directory (rm -rf custom-src), and then run "make custom" again.

Caudovittatus

Re: Very simple question

Post by Caudovittatus »

Perfect, thanks Eric!