Linksys E2500 v1 - Can I install Gargoyle?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

tdas777

Linksys E2500 v1 - Can I install Gargoyle?

Post by tdas777 »

Hi All,
I have a Linksys E2500 v1 router.
Also I have a Netgear JNR1010 router.
But both aren't listed in supported device list.

Is it possible to install somehow this firmware?

My flatmates are bandwidth hoggers; need to throttle down each ones bandwith if they reach their limit.

Also I'd like to know if it's possible to make group containing MAC IDs and enable a limit/throttle rule on that group? like I have 3 devices, I can make one group and put these three devices MACs in that; and If my net usage reach the limit then the that groups bandwidth will be throttled.

Thanks

d3fz

Re: Linksys E2500 v1 - Can I install Gargoyle?

Post by d3fz »

According to the Table of Hardware of your router, i think you're out of luck with OpenWRT/Gargoyle if you intend to use the wireless radios.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_e2500_1

"This device's wireless chip does not work with OpenWRT."

However, while looking for information about your router, i found out about this other alternative firmware that fully supports some Broadcom devices like yours.

It's called AdvancedTomato (which is based on the well known "Tomato by Shibby" firmware). See if it's got the feature(s) you may need.

AdvancedTomato for Linksys E2500 v1

I hope it's ok to post about other alternative firmwares, since the op only got a few options..

:!: Try it at your own risk, i'm not responsible if you brick your router, make sure you read the "Flashing Guide" before flashing, and further questions/support should be done on the "Tomato" forums.

Good luck. 8-)
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1