TP-Link wa830re connection problem

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tigerross

TP-Link wa830re connection problem

Post by tigerross »

Hello everybody. So here is my story.
I hve a wa830re range extender and of course it's not working properly on custom firmware :) . That's why I've installed Gargoyle 1.9.1 on it. I've configured my wa830re as a wireless client bridge/repeater and things got much better now... But. I have an interesting problem. Sometimes wa830re is losing an internet connection and after that the connection can't be self restored and also a new internal ip appears 169.254.120.108 instead of 100.126.60.xx. I've read that it's because of DHCP is going down and Windows assigns a default ip which adapter can't receive from the DHCP due to the problem. But if i connected straight to the internet source everything is ok and such never happens. I wonder what could it be? Maybe I need to configure something else in wa830re to avoid this problems? Need some help, please :).

ektus

Re: TP-Link wa830re connection problem

Post by ektus »

Try installing the ping watchdog, set it to ping your main router and issue the command "wifi" in case the ping fails. This will restart the wireless connection if the wa830re fails to receive a ping response.

d3fz

Re: TP-Link wa830re connection problem

Post by d3fz »

ektus wrote:Try installing the ping watchdog, set it to ping your main router and issue the command "wifi" in case the ping fails. This will restart the wireless connection if the wa830re fails to receive a ping response.
I was just about to suggest that, since i have a WA850RE wireless repeater/extender, and that's pretty much what i did as a workaround for the exact same issue. The thing is, i don't think you'll be able to install any plugin on 1.9.1, because WA830RE/850RE only has 4MB Flash.

So i flashed Gargoyle 1.6.2.2 (obsy), which already comes with the "Ping Watchdog" plugin installed by default, among other plugins as well.

Here's the images download link:
http://dl.eko.one.pl/gargoyle-pl/attitu ... nt/ar71xx/

Ping Watchdog instructions:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... g_watchdog

Hope that helps 8-)
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1