TL-WR1043ND v1 Slow Wireless Connection

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MxBx

TL-WR1043ND v1 Slow Wireless Connection

Post by MxBx »

Today I upgraded my TL-WR1043ND v1 from original firmware to Gargoyle 1.8.1

Everything seemed to work fine, except for my wireless internet. For some reason I keep losing the signal every few minutes, and whenever I do a speedtest, it won't get higher than 15mbps download and about 2mbps upload. I have a 50mbps download and 50mbps upload fibre connection, so what I'm getting is way too low. Cabled internet seems to work perfectly fine though.

My current settings are on 20Mhz channel width, and the transmit power is on default, which is max. I also chose the best wireless channel, which was 11 in my case. I even tried 40Mhz, but that didn't change anything either.

If anyone knows a solution or knows what is causing this problem, please let me know.

Lantis

Re: TL-WR1043ND v1 Slow Wireless Connection

Post by Lantis »

Do you have 802.11n enabled?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

MxBx

Post by MxBx »

Lantis wrote:Do you have 802.11n enabled?
The only option under 'operation mode' is N+G+B

Here is a screenshot:

I guess the N part means 802.11n?

If not, is there a way to enable it in SSH?

The problem with the disconnecting seems gone since I'm using 40Mhz. The only problem that's still there is the massive decrease of download/upload speed. This should be around 50/50 and currently is at 5/2. This is when I'm about 10 meters away from my router. When I stand next to the router, it's around 15/5, which is slightly better but nowhere near what it should be.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

As a sanity check, can you also try a different channel? There may be interference on 11 other than wifi.

Also does this issue occur to all wireless clients?

Can you confirm that your router is actually outputting a 40mhz channel (with a scanner of some kind)?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.