Building a single Gargoyle package

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

StopSpazzing

Building a single Gargoyle package

Post by StopSpazzing »

So Instead of compiling the whole firmware from scratch while Im testing, was thinking of just compiling the gargoyle package. Running into issues with missing dependancies which I can't seem to find or if I do, doesn't compile properly.

Is there any way for my to compile just the "gargoyle" package? Will save me tons of time. Only issue I see is that overwriting the package via the plugins menu could run into issues.

https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... e/gargoyle

Lantis

Re: Building a single Gargoyle package

Post by Lantis »

once you have completed 1 FULL_BUILD=true, re-running make will only update packages. this makes it significantly quicker, but its not 5 minutes.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

Lantis wrote:once you have completed 1 FULL_BUILD=true, re-running make will only update packages. this makes it significantly quicker, but its not 5 minutes.
Yes, this is what I currently do. This is inefficient. I would like to only build that single package. Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

I have (almost) completed a rejig of the build script to do just exactly this. Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago I ran into a problem that I never quite resolved, and never got back to it.

Actually the little project itself was an accident. I ran into problems trying to get Gargoyle to autobuild on travis-ci which required me to first understand and then improve the build script.

The unfinished/broken code is here just in case you are in the mood for fixing stuff https://github.com/nworbnhoj/gargoyle/b ... argoyle.sh
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

Code: Select all

spazz@debian:~/gargoyle$ bash build-gargoyle.sh ar71xx.usb gargoyle
Setting target language
fetching openwrt source
svn: E170000: Illegal repository URL '%20-r%2048220%20%20-q%20svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/chaos_calmer'
ERROR: could not download source, exiting

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

svn is deprecated. Use GIT
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

Played with it some more, got farther not complete.

If OpenWrt has a way to build specific packages, why doesn't Gargoyle? Kinda confused why this isn't already built in?

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

StopSpazzing wrote:Played with it some more, got farther not complete.
If you are messing around with my code (above) then sorry - I forgot to mention that @Lantis had corrected the svn / git stuff in the std build script after my work on it. I should have time to work a bit more on it in a couple of days. I would be keen to see your changes to save rework.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E