Help!make error

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

Optimus

Help!make error

Post by Optimus »

What's wrong?
utils.c:(.text.format_host+0x162): warning: gethostbyaddr is obsolescent, use getaddrinfo() instead.
qosmon.o: In function `main':
qosmon.c:(.text.startup+0xde): warning: gethostbyname is obsolescent, use getnameinfo() instead.
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [qosmon] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/root/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/qos-gargoyle'
make[4]: *** [/root/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/qos-gargoyle/.built] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/gargoyle/custom-src/package/qos-gargoyle'
make[3]: *** [package/qos-gargoyle/compile] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/gargoyle/custom-src'
make[2]: *** [/root/gargoyle/custom-src/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/gargoyle/custom-src'
make[1]: *** [world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/gargoyle/custom-src'
cp: cannot stat `bin/ar71xx/uboot-ar71xx-nbg460n_550n_550nh:': No such file or directory

DoesItMatter

Re: Help!make error

Post by DoesItMatter »

Are you still having the error?

I just did a fresh git pull of the current Gargoyle source and currently
doing a make FULL_BUILD=true -- have not seen any issues so far.

Trying to see how long the full compile takes and get a benchmark.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Optimus

Post by Optimus »

DoesItMatter wrote:Are you still having the error?

I just did a fresh git pull of the current Gargoyle source and currently
doing a make FULL_BUILD=true -- have not seen any issues so far.

Trying to see how long the full compile takes and get a benchmark.
Yes,I'm still having the error now when I select target profile(Qihoo 360).
And I edit /gargoyle/package/qos-gargoyle/Makefile ,replace
DEPENDS:=+tc +ip +kmod-sched +iptables-mod-filter +iptables-mod-ipopt +iptables-mod-imq +gargoyle-firewall-util
with
DEPENDS:=+tc +ip +kmod-sched +iptables-mod-filter +iptables-mod-ipopt +iptables-mod-imq +gargoyle-firewall-util +libncurses
And edit gargoyle/package/qos-gargoyle/src/Makefile,replace
TCDIR:=$(BUILD_DIR)/iproute2*/ip*
with
TCDIR:=$(BUILD_DIR)/iproute2-full/ip*
Finally it is OK after modify this two places.

technotic

Post by technotic »

I just wanted to post and mention that this worked for me. I was getting the issue too, and from the error output, i suspected it had to due with the use of iproute2-full instead of iproute2-tiny (ip-full instead of ip, in config) but didn't know how to correct it. This did it :)

A comment to anyone else encountering this and trying to fix it yourself:
I originally made the modification in the <buildroot>/package/qos-gargoyle and */src directories, but it failed in the same place. I then went into <buildroot>/custom-src/qos-gargoyle and */src paths and made the corrections there, and it worked for me. In fact, as I'm typing this, i just saw the build finish and return to the command line ;) Thank you again.

PS- this is as of the current commit at the time of this posting:

technotic@devnotic:~/gargoyle/custom-src$ git show
commit 7320a5d375460ba575ea8ee2a0d59ee4bb470bfa
Merge: a6ef635 4a9ec1a
Author: Eric <ericpaulbishop@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 17 00:06:24 2015 -0500

technotic

Post by technotic »

Also...

This patch would break the build process similarly for anyone using iproute2-tiny instead of iproute2-full, so that would prevent it from becoming a permanent change as-is. Apparently the wildcard approach in the current commit Makefile for qos-gargoyle doesn't work, at least for some of us... what about having the Makefile check to see which one is defined, either tiny or full, and use the proper one for that build?

Also, i'm sure others have run into this too. some packages have their dependencies set for the tiny version and don't recognize the full version as satisfying that dependency. So its possible that you might end up with both enabled in the config file, and that causes problems on build ;) obviously it would difficult to get every dev/author to correct their package dependency.. it should be possible to modify iproute2-full to disable iproute2-tiny and satisfy its dependency requirements, if it is selected, right? i've just recently been getting back into programming and the last time i coded was with borland turbo c++ IDE in DOS ;) so I may make an occasional derpderp comment.

I'll look into it and see if I can write the patches myself, since I'm sure eric is plenty busy enough and it'll give me a chance to get more familiar with the code.

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

Thanks for chasing this down. It would be great if you could develop a fix :-)

The little bit of Gargoyle development that I have been doing lately has also been a good exercise to familiarize myself with the Gargoyle code; and to write my first C-code in 2 decades, and to be forced to learn about iptables, ipsets and bash scripting. ;-)
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E