Extroot TL-MR3020 help required

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

SylvannaWind

Extroot TL-MR3020 help required

Post by SylvannaWind »

Hi all, I have been struggling to Extroot my Gargoyle installation on TL-MR3020. I'm a Linux newbie but has just recently succeed in Extrooting an OpenWrt installation. The hardest part I think is because of the very little space left on TL-MR3020 after Gargoyle installation. The OpenWrt is Attitude Adjustment 12.09, r36088

Here is the list of packages I need to successfully extroot OpenWrt:
1. kmod-usb-storage-extras to see my SD card on my Vodafone Mobile Broadband K3565-Z 3G dongle.
2. kmod-fs-ext4 to understand the partition formats (ext2, ext3 and ext4)
3. block-mount to get blkid and extroot support

However, installing all of them on any Gargoyle installation just not possible because of the space restrictions. I have tried the following versions of Gargoyle for TL-MR3020: 1.5.9, 1.5.10, 1.5.11, 1.6.0, 1.6.2 and 1.8.0. And all of them doesn't give enough space to install the packages.

Is there anyway to strip down some preinstalled Gargoyle packages to fit the packages I need? I like Gargoyle very much due to the fact that Gargoyle supports great QoS.

Thanks.

poppyfields

Re: Extroot TL-MR3020 help required

Post by poppyfields »

Have a look at:
http://eko.one.pl/?p=openwrt-gargoylepl
(you may need google translate as its in polish)

Eko has compiled in most of your requirements and talks about exroot with the images he provides. He uses 1.6.2 images. Well worth a try.

Images load in Polish, but easy to change language to English.

SylvannaWind

Re: Extroot TL-MR3020 help required

Post by SylvannaWind »

Hi poppyfields, thank you for your answer, and sorry for the late reply. I'm looking at it now.