Need some help with lan/wan set up

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

mistamojo

Need some help with lan/wan set up

Post by mistamojo »

I am trying to set up a home network to provide internet to 5 computers, and I've come so far with it and hit a snag. Here's the set up as follows:

Phone line going into a netcomm nb5plus4 modem ->

ethernet cable to Linksys Wrt54GL rev 1.1 with Gargoyle 1.21 firmware

ethernet cable to my home PC

So we have one wired computer set, and 4 wireless computers in the house as well. I've managed to set up the net just fine, and get the wireless feeding to every computer no problem.

What I am also trying to set up, is the QoS shaping and download quotas for each computer. I can add the ip's and mac addresses just fine, but then when i go quotas in the status tab none of the ip's show any download quotas. Ditto for the bandwidth monitoring.

So my question is... what am I doing wrong? does the netcomm need to be bridged to the linksys? are there more settings I need to configure within the Linksys?

I've added each ip and mac as static addresses as I followed from some other threads, but they don't seem to help.

The other thought I've had is that I am using a 16mb ram version of the router, which shows @ 90% capacity with no information included. Would this be stopping the modem from recording the data?

Thanks in advance, if anyone knows how to guide me through this it would be hugely appreciated.

mistamojo

Re: Need some help with lan/wan set up

Post by mistamojo »

apologies, have fixed the problem. the modem did need to be in bridged mode, and i finally figured out how to do it properly. thanks for your help! :)