Some issues on newly installed Gargoyle

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

der_Kief

Some issues on newly installed Gargoyle

Post by der_Kief »

Hi @ All,

i just installed the new Gargoyle v1.21 on my WRT54GL. Everthing seems to work fine except two issues so far.

Issue #1 is that i cannot save the correctly configured Dyndns settings. When i hit the Save button and error message (can't remember exactly) come up and i'm not able to save this.

Issue #2 is that i cannot disable DHCP for lan. When i disable it and try to save the settings an error occurs (can't remember exactly but something like the address range is not valid). I can disable it by editing the corresponding config file in the shell but i think this should work in the GUI. (THIS ISSUE IS ALSO DISCUSSED HERE)

If the correct error messages are needed than i have to hand later on.

der_Kief
| ADSL2+ | CL-040-I | WRT54GL | NSLU2 |

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Some issues on newly installed Gargoyle

Post by Eric »

I'm currently working on issue #2, but I have a question on #1. Do any of your passwords contain non-numeric or non-alphabetic symbols? Especially do your passwords contain '@' or ':' characters? There was a bug I just fixed (not released in an updated version yet), where passwords with these characters were not formatted correctly.

Also, can you please specify which dynamic dns provider you are having problems with? Thanks!

der_Kief

Post by der_Kief »

Hi,

thanks for fast reply.
Eric wrote:...but I have a question on #1. Do any of your passwords contain non-numeric or non-alphabetic symbols? Especially do your passwords contain '@' or ':' characters?
Yes my password contain an @ character.
Eric wrote:...Also, can you please specify which dynamic dns provider you are having problems with? Thanks!
My dynamic dns provider is dyndns.com

So workaround for now is to edit dynamic dns provider password ?
Or when does a new version comes out ?

der_Kief
| ADSL2+ | CL-040-I | WRT54GL | NSLU2 |

fra&co

Post by fra&co »

if u look at the other ddns thread the problem has solved on the latest trunk snapshot

in the meantime, change your password with another not containing @