Qos rules lost on "save changes"

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

hotzenpl0tz

Qos rules lost on "save changes"

Post by hotzenpl0tz »

Hm, not sure how this happened or what actually went wrong - but after playing around a bit with my qos rules and upon pressing the save changes button and then later reloading that page - I lost all my qos rules. The page is now completely empty - there are nor rules and no service classes. The only thing that was remembered was the "total upload bandwidth". In what file are those settings saved ? Maybe they still exist but in a corrupted form or something.
If not, is there a file I can wget from somewhere to at least get me to standard rules again ? :D

Thanks.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Qos rules lost on "save changes"

Post by Eric »

That's... really disturbing. I don't know what could have caused that. I've never seen it or heard of it happening.

The settings are saved in /etc/config/qos_gargoyle, if you can salvage anything from it.

I've uploaded the default config file, and you can download it here.

hotzenpl0tz

Re: Qos rules lost on "save changes"

Post by hotzenpl0tz »

Unfortunately no corrupt data there - all the upload stuff was just gone :shock: . Thanks for the upload, that saved me some time getting stuff back up and running again :)

Btw: One thing I noticed. Not only were the settings all gone but the "hidden" status of the helper text was reset - all the text explaining what the settings do were visible again. Not sure if that helps determining what happened though :?:

*wonders if he will always be remembered as the guy who breaks stuff*
;)