GUI Update to OpenWRT

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

outlawz

GUI Update to OpenWRT

Post by outlawz »

I to you all. First i want say that Gargoyle is excellent. Congratulations. However i have a problem that I´m unable to especify a different encriptation to the repeated network. It is OK that I can especify a different SSID but no the passphrase.
So I will continue with my efforts and I´m whilling to try OpenWRT. Could anyone, gently help me, with the following question:

- Can i use update on Web Gui from Gargoyle to load a OpenWRT firmware on a Fonera 2200? As I not able with Fon Flash as tool reports success but I´m not abble at the end to reach FON.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

DoesItMatter

Re: GUI Update to OpenWRT

Post by DoesItMatter »

I've never been able to update my Fon 2201+ using the web gui.

I've used either Fon Flash, or used putty to telnet directly into
the device via redboot and loaded the new firmware that way.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

outlawz

Post by outlawz »

Thanks for your reply. As I can´t find information to get openwrt in brigde mode, I'll keep gargoyle on my system, even with the lack i mencioned above.

Regards

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

You may want to try routed AP+Client mode. You can extend a network with a different encryption/SSID using this mode, but it's routed, not bridged. That means that hosts in the first network won't be able to access hosts in the second network unless you set up port forwarding. However, if you just want hosts in both networks to have internet access you can implement what you want (with the networks having different encryption) with routed AP+Client mode.

outlawz

Post by outlawz »

Thanks Eric, I'll try your suggestion. Regards.

outlawz

Post by outlawz »

Eric your suggestion was perfect. Everything rolls well and i get faster internet with routed AP+Client about 20%. As all of you can saw i'm a newbie on that stuff and this helped me to know 2 things:

1- Repeating a network needs same security;
2- routed AP+Client must have different subnets.

Your work is fantastic. Regards.