Gargoyle on RouterStation

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

omat

Gargoyle on RouterStation

Post by omat »

How can I program gargoyle on RouterStation boards?

I couldn't run it by programming lzma and squashfs. In this method the board hangs at the first of kernel.

I also built squashfs.bin using mkfwimage. In this method it runs kernel but it hangs before loading rootfs. It gives me this error:

Code: Select all

Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(31,2)

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Gargoyle on RouterStation

Post by Eric »

You need to build an image configured for the newer ar71xx platform, not the "atheros" platform which indicates older atheros boards.

omat

Post by omat »

Thank you for your reply

I built that, using ar71xx option. I have done it before, with openwrt trunk. I didn't have any problem there because it has a RouterStation option in profiles. I think my problem is because of bad building of bin file (using mkfwimage). I also followed openwrt method for building squashfs, lzma and bin file for this profile but it didn't work here. What's that problem that I mentioned because of? (append a "root=" boot option)

Thanks again

omat

Post by omat »

Please help
I really don't know what's the problem.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Please be more clear about what steps you are using to create your build. I can't figure out from what you are saying where you're going wrong.

I have created an experimental build for the routerstation/ar71xx, so I know that it is possible.

Mad Dawg

Post by Mad Dawg »

Eric any chance you would share that pre compiled experimental build :)