Advice Requested

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Advice Requested

Post by Eric »

I only have a wl500GPv1 (which is no longer manufactured), and I have not experienced this bug -- of course that doesn't mean that it will never show up.

However, look closer at the link to the bug report you post: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2558 While this bug was first reported in an Asus WL500GP, people are seeing it in the WRT54GL as well.

I've seen several posts on the openwrt forum that seem related to this issue, on several different broadcom routers, even though I've never had a problem with it myself. It sounds like this issue is really, really intermittent, and it sounds like it happens only after several days of proper functioning, if it happens at all.

For what it's worth, I have not heard any Gargoyle user report problems with this.

FRiC

Re: Advice Requested

Post by FRiC »

hotzenpl0tz wrote:@fric: why would you chose V2 of that router ?
Well, V1 is discontinued so I bought the V2 recently. I do have two V1's running a VPN mod of Tomato with each other. As soon as Gargoyle is a little bit more stable than this I'm replacing them with Gargoyle. Unfortunately, like I mentioned in a few posts above, I couldn't get the openvpn package to install on my WRT54GL, so it's likely I'll be getting another V2 as soon as I can go out again.

I don't seem to have any problems with port forwarding...