IP Range Not Showing Downloads

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

zygo

IP Range Not Showing Downloads

Post by zygo »

Gday & Merry Chrismas to all :)
Have recently installed your firmware 1.1.4 in an Asus & it seems to work well except for 1 bug (or maybe more likely a mistake on my part ;)

if i give a quota (up, down & both) using a single ip or multiple ips (added individually) it shows the percentages for all 3 on the "quota usage" page.
but if i give the same quota to an ip range (entered 192.168.1.110-192.168.1.119) it shows on the quota usage page " both=n/a download=n/a upload=xx%"

it doesnt count any downloads and doesnt show anything for both when i know i have downloaded. it does work out the upload value correctly.

am i entering the range incorrectly?

cheers :)

BikeMike

Re: IP Range Not Showing Downloads

Post by BikeMike »

I think if you want to use a range it must be entered in CIDR notation.

For example, an address range of 192.168.1.112/28 gives an address range of 16 addresses, 192.168.1.112 to 192.168.1.127

http://www.subnet-calculator.com/cidr.php

zygo

Post by zygo »

thanks for the reply bikemike (i note a fellow adelaidian :))
if that were the case, that i have the ip range added in wrongly, i wonder why it accepts it as a valid range & why/how it accurately calculates the uploads but shows n/a on the downloads and the "both" ???

im still thinkin theres something more here.

BikeMike

Post by BikeMike »

I notice you are using 1.1.4. In fact I couldn't get quotas to work at all in that version, I've gone back to the latest "stable" version 1.0.15. It does not allow ranges for quotas at all, so that must be a new feature.

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... ?f=3&t=458

In 1.0.15 I can enter a range for restrictions, but only in CIDR notation, not the way you have done.

Cheers to a fellow Adelaidean :D

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Try the new 1.1.5 -- it has a few fixes for quotas. If it still doesn't work, can you please describe the incorrect behavior you're seeing on version 1.1.5 (preferably with a screenshot) ? Thanks!

zygo

Post by zygo »

gday eric
i have installed 1.1.5 & im still seeing "n/a" when an ip range is used
this is how it looks:
i note that when i added the 192.168.1.9 ip to the quota, the quota was reset to 0%?? also note the bottom quota which i changed from an ip list to an ip range causing the n/a to appear.
anyway, heres the process

this is what the above quota looks like before editing

after removing the ips 120, 121 & 122 i add this range

the range is accepted

the quotas page shows it

the usage page shows it correctly (but only because there is a static ip as well)

if i go back to the quotas page and remove the static ip, leaving just the range(and this also happens if you start by creating just the ip range)

you get this on the usage page(only the uploads are calculated)

i have tried many ways around it but there is deffinatly a bug when using ip ranges

hope this helps, if you need anything more let me know

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I've found the problem with the ranges (thanks for reporting it!), and already committed a fix.

I haven't uploaded new firmware yet, since there's yet another bug with the new quotas reported in another thread that I want to fix before the next release. There should be a release with the fix within a week.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

This problem should now be fixed in 1.1.6, just uploaded.

zygo

Post by zygo »

gday eric

new firmware installed and all is good :)

thanks for your efforts & cheers :)

mvc

Post by mvc »

Yep thanks from me too!

Had only just installed 1.1.5 the day before (first time user) and was checking things out and had a similar issue. Difference was that I wasn't seeing anything in the quota usage page just the title. Had a total rule defined for an IP range like 192.168.200-192.168.10.210.

Anyway, 1.1.6 is working fine.

Great work!