Request: NAT loopback/reflection for UPnP.

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Clifton

Request: NAT loopback/reflection for UPnP.

Post by Clifton »

NAT loopback seems to work when forwarding ports through the Gargoyle interface, but not when they are forwarded via UPnP. This post on openwrt seems to indicate the same thing: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=47846. Can this can be added in Gargoyle? There should be a working example already there (when forwarding through the interface).

Clifton

Re: Request: NAT loopback/reflection for UPnP.

Post by Clifton »

I would still value this feature. (Hope bumps are allowed! ;) Couldn't find any rules but I looked)

Clifton

Re: Request: NAT loopback/reflection for UPnP.

Post by Clifton »

Bump.

I often make use of UPnP forwarding in programming and frequently run into this problem.

If I have a server and a client running on the same network, the client can not connect to the server using my external ip address if the server's port was forwarded via UPnP.

There are currently two workarounds for this:
  • Forward the server's port manually through the router interface.
  • Change the client's code to use the internal ip address, this is inconvenient however, because it means that I have to change the ip that the client uses all the time depending on where I'm running it from.
Although the first option is quite a simple workaround, I would still like this feature, because as I said, I often make use of UPnP to forward ports.