Unable to connect via Remote Web Admin Access

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

JackElliott

Unable to connect via Remote Web Admin Access

Post by JackElliott »

Hm. I hope this does not double-post. I Submitted it but it doesn't appear to have been posted.

I can't connect to the router via remote web admin access. I have enabled Gargoyle's HTTPS web access using the default port 443. I am trying to connect from the outside using my public IP address as https://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn and get no response. I have forwarded port 443 to the router's LAN address of 192.168.1.1 and that isn't helping.

We got a new modem, from CenturyLink, and it also has a router inside. I have disabled the modem's ipv4 and ipv6 firewalls. I have tried forwarding port 443 to the router's WAN address as seen by the modem, but no help there, either.

So I'm kind of stumped. Must be overlooking something here.
--
Jack Elliott

ispyisail

Re: Unable to connect via Remote Web Admin Access

Post by ispyisail »

JackElliott

Post by JackElliott »

Thanks, Eric. Update: I was unable to access any ports as long as the modem's ISP protocol was set to PPPoE. With some assistance from the manufacturer I was shown how to set it to "Transparent-Bridge" protocol, then I set the Gargoyle to connect via PPPoE. Now open ports on the Gargoyle are visible from the Internet.

So now -- the issue seems to be a browser issue. Chrome running on Lubuntu Linux first says that it doesn't trust the security certificate, but I tell it to go ahead, and it then reports that the webpage is not available. [Edit: actual message is "The webpage at https://myi.nte.rne.t/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Error code: ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_TRUNCATED]

HOWEVER, if I go to the same address using Firefox on Windows XP, it, too, doesn't trust the page, I put in the security exception, and it connects to the router.

It baffles science.

[FURTHER EDIT: I installed Firefox on the Lubuntu machine and it connects just fine to the router, after having the security exception confirmed. Seems to be a Chrome issues, possibly only on Lubuntu.]
--
Jack Elliott

butler360

Post by butler360 »