Building custom package for gargoyle

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

frederikv

Building custom package for gargoyle

Post by frederikv »

Hi, I'm trying to build dict for use on my gargoyle router. This works using the OpenWRT Kamikaze 8.09.1 source and doing a make V=99 with a new Makefile. Turns out gargoyle is based on 8.09, so I wanted to simply build the Makefile on that source. For some reason, the build now fails with xmalloc.o not being acceptable. As I don't know if this has something to do with the older Openwrt source, I'd like to try on the Gargoyle source directly. Question - how should I get started to obtain the source that I can use to build on using the Openwrt build framework? I've downloaded the trunk already, but it seems there's now a script that runs the build. Where should I put my custom Makefile for dict & libmaa, and how do I ensure they're included in the build?

Best regards,
Frederik

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Building custom package for gargoyle

Post by Eric »

Put your custom packages in the package subdirectory of the Gargoyle build directory. Then run "make custom", which will launch menuconfig for you to configure your build in menuconfig before building the firmware images.