getting misdn installed under Gargoyle 1.5.10

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

THomy

getting misdn installed under Gargoyle 1.5.10

Post by THomy »

Hi there!

I am actually starting with Gargoyle. I downloaded the 1.5.10 for my Netgear WNDR3800 and istalled it all fine so far.
But as I want to run a phone router (probably freeswitch or maybe asterisk) and I also want to connect it to my ISDN line I want to attach a Draytek miniVigor to the Netgear's USB connector. Still all OK so far. Just all is working the miniVigor gets listed by lsusb.
To get it work I wanted to install kmod-misdn but the command

Code: Select all

gpkg install kmod-misdn
allways throws the following error message:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Dependency kernel (= 3.3.8-1-d6597ebf6203328d3519ea3c3371a493) of package kmod-misdn is installed,
		but has incompatible version 3.3.8-1-418b0c9a3d2b0325109c4c9dd8680699 and is marked as 'hold'
As I understand, this means that the package kmod-misdn needs another (newer?) version of the kernel than that which is actually installed.

So now my question:
What can (have) I (to) do to get kmod-misdn installed?
Or what other option is there to get an USB-ISDN adapter to run?

I would really appretiate any assistence.
Thanks in advance to the community.

Regards
Thomy

BashfulBladder

Re: getting misdn installed under Gargoyle 1.5.10

Post by BashfulBladder »

Just know, I'm not a Linux guy, so I could have things all fubar-ed.

Kernels (and perhaps modules & programs) get compiled with a unique stamp. Port of what is used for that unique stamp is the modules used in that particular kernel. After compile, a repository of packages is set up. The installer then balks that the stamp in package A doesn't match the stamp in kernel B.

Since one repository is OpenWrt's, it clearly wouldn't have a matching kernel hash/magic/whatever-its-called. And apparently the Gargoyle repository is more limited (though that's only supposition).

You could use the '--force-depends' argument, but that might render your router into a brick. And while I think failsafe would work, I don't know for sure.

The only solution is to compile everything you need by doing 'make custom' and selecting the extra packages you require.

You can find a guide here:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... umentation
TP-Link WDR3600 v1.1 running 1.5.10+ L10n-English (Built 20130922 - OpenWrt r38093)
TP-Link WDR4300 running 1.5.10+ i18n-English (Built 20131010 - OpenWrt r38286)

https://github.com/BashfulBladder/gargoyle-plugins/wiki