Gargoyle-ispy 2013-September-25.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://goo.gl/1Jhbke

Code: Select all

------------------------------------------------------------------
|            _____                             _                 |
|           |  __ \                           | |                |
|           | |  \/ __ _ _ __ __ _  ___  _   _| | ___            |
|           | | __ / _` | '__/ _` |/ _ \| | | | |/ _ \           |
|           | |_\ \ (_| | | | (_| | (_) | |_| | |  __/           |
|            \____/\__,_|_|  \__, |\___/ \__, |_|\___|           |
|                             __/ |       __/ |                  |
|                            |___/       |___/                   |
|                                                                |
|----------------------------------------------------------------|
| Gargoyle version 1.5.X    | OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment branch |
| Gargoyle revision 9c5be4b | OpenWrt revision r38033            |
| Built September 25, 2013  | Target  ar71xx/routerstation       |
------------------------------------------------------------------
root@Gargoyle:~#

marcb

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2013-September-25.7z

Post by marcb »

Nice! Will test it!
You think we're heading for a final/stable release? :)

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

On installing to a WDR4300 and keeping settings, Tor disappears as does WIFI scheduling. I have been able to reinstall the WIFI plugin but Tor support wont reinstall - there's no error message it just comes back after trying and doesn't show as installed and doesn't appear in the menus.

After a clean install and restoring settings, Tor returns.

BashfulBladder

Post by BashfulBladder »

Here is why WiFi Schedule disappears: it isn't built into the firmware. If you flash a version where it isn't included and you add it via the plugins menu - its there. As soon as you flash with a build that doesn't have it built-in, its gone.

If you want it available as soon as you flash, you are going to have to built it in yourself to the firmware you flash onto your device.

The same goes for other optional plugins: logread, webshell...
TP-Link WDR3600 v1.1 running 1.5.10+ L10n-English (Built 20130922 - OpenWrt r38093)
TP-Link WDR4300 running 1.5.10+ i18n-English (Built 20131010 - OpenWrt r38286)

https://github.com/BashfulBladder/gargoyle-plugins/wiki

buddee

Post by buddee »

TOR feature shows up for me fine with this roll but TOR is still not functioning properly for me with this roll as noted in previous test rolls. However, wireless performance is much better on this build for me than any of the previous builds.

netweaver

Post by netweaver »

Hi, I'm testing your Sept 25th release, wireless performance is about the same here. But I need exact figures to be certain. Reception is generally bad in these flats and my router is rubbish anyhow. I'm using a Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H.

I'm loving the webcam plugin so far :D
Keeping the webcam window open is not very stable yet though, it crashed my Firefox 23.0.1. And after restarting I'm getting bad frames in between good frames. Almost like the jpeg encoding can't cope all the time and producing garbage for some frames.

Any chance of getting NZBGET 11.2 as a module? Or is there an OpenWrt package we can already download somewhere, compatible with the current/future version of Gargoyle on my router?

Thanks for all the good work so far.

covex_sev

Post by covex_sev »

Hi.
Thanks for made work.
after the Gargoyle-ispy 2013-September-25.7z installation
I try to establish

Code: Select all

opkg update
opkg install transmission-daemon
but in the repositories specified in settings there are no corresponding packages, prompt as to establish transmission-daemon, and I got used to use mс, it too isn't present.

this link not correct
http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a ... c/packages
and this
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/packages ... 1.6/ar71xx

whether I can use repositories from last versions?

Thanks.

buddee

Post by buddee »

After running this build for more than 48Hrs, i have run into another issue, kind of the same symptoms of the TOR feature i described. Since this roll seemed to work good for my main AP, i went ahead and flashed it to a repeater unit (wzr-hp-g300nh v1) and set it up like normal, everything seemed fine at first, but connection to the host AP drops after some given time with no activity, the only way i can make the client+ap unit respond to the main AP again is to go into the webif, go to connection and click save, i don't have to change any of the values as i did with TOR, but i have to click save, after doing so it will once again function properly as a repeater, with connectivity to the main AP.

netweaver

Post by netweaver »

another issue, is it possible that the Restrictions are not working anymore as expected?

The black list (mainly different time-of-day restrictions for certain IP range) is working fine (seemingly) but but the whitelist is only taking into account one single rule. Even if I add extra rules, they are saved but not taken into account. Also when adding more allowed websites, in the one rule which is looking to be active, the result is not as expected. GUI always looks fine though.

It's as if the frontend/GUI is registering all changes but the actual backend changes, the real firewall rules, are not properly generated .

I did check the generated iptables rules but with my limited knowledge I see that all whitelist rules are present, against each day black list (time restrictions). But I also see a block of rules, kind of repeating the whitelist rules, in a different pattern. Is there a change in the generation of the rules between the current (sept 25) and the stock 1.5.10 version?

Would anyone be able to have a look to the generated rules and see if they make sense? I can post a pastebin if wanted.

I did an upgrade from stock 1.5.10 to the Sept 25th version, using preserve settings.

Thanks for thinking along.

EDIT:
I must have misunderstood the concepts of black and whitelists in Gargoyle. Or the translation to rules is not possible as I imagined it. It seems the blacklist has preference over whitelist entries when there is an restriction/resource overlap.
Now I know that, I've had to add the 'exceptionally allowed' list of websites individually to each of the blacklist rules. A repetition of details which to my understanding should not be needed, if whitelist had preference. But so be it, at least all is working now. Thanks for all progress in all areas of Gargoyle!