Troubles installing-ISP info?

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Conradical

Troubles installing-ISP info?

Post by Conradical »

Hey all,

I've just put the (very nice) Gargoyle firmware on my WRT54GL v1.1
I moved to gargoyle because of the usage monitoring.

I have set it up, wired DHCP, added the accepted MAC addresses, added static IP's corresponding to MAC addresses, made an SSID, made a password.... etc: all of the stuff on the basic documentation.

The modem attached to the WRT is a Thomson Speedtouch 536 v6. I guess this is where the ISP information has to be? It should still be there, but I have been unable to access it via the IP's I've found on the web: 192.168.1.254, 10.0.0.138.

My main question is, HELP!? But I think the problem must be ISP information. The network broadcasts fine, computers connect but no internet loving.
(actually even when I wire a computer straight to the modem....)
Another piece of info is that on the old firmwares (stock Linksys one and then Tomato) it HAD the ISP information in fields for the router. Why would this be and could this be causing my problem?

Conradical

Re: Troubles installing-ISP info?

Post by Conradical »

well, I backed it up and flashed back to Tomato.

But if anybody could help me out I'd really like to get this firmware working for the the usage monitoring.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Try setting the modem to bridge mode and connecting via PPPoE instead of wired DHCP.

Conradical

Post by Conradical »

that worked perfectly and with no trouble, once I stopped trying to configure the router as bridge instead of the modem. :P (which I did months back)(

Thanks for that.