Critical issues with isp and port-forwarding

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

KromerX

Critical issues with isp and port-forwarding

Post by KromerX »

I have critical issues with gargoyle. I'm begging to help.
1.After flashing firmware on my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND, I can't access my isp site, with my billing info and stuff. Browser says that this site doesn't exist in web, smth like that. Other sites works correctly.
2. I have tried everything I can, and port forwarding doesn't work. UpNP by the way, displays ip and port , for example if utorrent requested it, but individual and range port-forward just doesn't work, all ports are closed, no metter what I try.

My ISP says, that I have problem with nat cause of this firmware, and this firmware doesn't work properly with port forward through my ISP.

I have 1.5.10. version of Gargoyle.

Is there any way to adjust gargoyle to my isp and port forwarding? :cry:

pbix
Developer

Re: Critical issues with isp and port-forwarding

Post by pbix »

Your ISPs billing website is accessed using a browser through the Internet is it not? Why are we talking about port forwarding? Port forwarding has no relation to accessing sites on the WAN.

Let's start with you posting a screen shot of your Gargoyle status screen. Also post the result of a "ping" to the site in question. Also post the exact text of any error message you have from your browser.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

KromerX

Post by KromerX »

pbix wrote:Your ISPs billing website is accessed using a browser through the Internet is it not? Why are we talking about port forwarding? Port forwarding has no relation to accessing sites on the WAN.

Let's start with you posting a screen shot of your Gargoyle status screen. Also post the result of a "ping" to the site in question. Also post the exact text of any error message you have from your browser.
We talking about port forwarding and site problems, because there are 2 problems of mine.
I have already solve my problem with isp's site, with isp support, something wrong with dns addresses in gargoyle. I have insert dns address in my win7 connection options, and isp site works like it used to.
BUT, my isp can't help me with problem of port forwarding. They don't know this firmware.
I'm using different sites to check if my port is open. I have disable my win7 firewall and antivirus for that - no luck.
http://depic.me/ojmmc43pjuwb This is my status window.

http://depic.me/hffiyceq9v2g - This is my forwarding window.
Ip address in cmd->ipconfig-ipv4 matches with one I inserted in gargoyle, 100%.

And this, is what I get on port-cheker sites after all this and firewall disabled:
[ur]http://depic.me/4kad20zs1b9n[/url]

ps. On stock TP-Link firmware port-forwarding has worked! But I have use function for opening ports for all local networks, without specifying ip address for port.
Last edited by KromerX on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Gargoyle port forwarding is pretty tried and true. I use it as do many other people on this forum. I seriously doubt your problem of port forwarding resides there. Either the traffic is not getting to your router or it is being blocked once it reaches your computer. The former problem caused because ISPS block ports they do not like. The latter problem usually due to firewall issues on the PC. Learn how to use wireshark is the best advice I can give.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM