Gargoyle-ispy 2013-May-02.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://goo.gl/v00fo

* update all config files using make defconfig to fill in defaults, should preserve existing settings so long as they are still relevant in latest version of OpenWrt and Gargoyle packages

* add simple utility written in perl, 'config_diff', to dev-utils, which gives a summary of config file changes. Using regular diff util lists places where lines have changed position in file, but usually we just want to know what config definitions are unique to each file and which definitions have changes from m => y or visa versa, and ignore places where the same lines just move around. This utility will do that

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2013-May-02.7z

Post by ispyisail »

still the same problems as the last build

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I just did a build of my own, and I'm not seeing the problems that show up in your builds... When you built gargoyle did you use the flag FULL_BUILD=true ? That might be part of the problem. You generally need to rebuild with that flag every time the underlying openwrt version changes.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

this is the script I use

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
cd ~/gargoyle && git pull
make FULL_BUILD=true
7za a -t7z -m0=lzma -mx=9 -mfb=64 -md=32m -ms=on ~/Dropbox/Public/Gargoyle/"Gargoyle-ispy $(date +'%Y-%B-%d')".7z ~/gargoyle/images

db90h

Post by db90h »

Is there a reason these developments, and the source code in general, are not managed in a centralized public repository?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

db90h wrote:Is there a reason these developments, and the source code in general, are not managed in a centralized public repository?
???

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... umentation

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/gargoyle

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Eric wrote:I just did a build of my own, and I'm not seeing the problems that show up in your builds... When you built gargoyle did you use the flag FULL_BUILD=true ? That might be part of the problem. You generally need to rebuild with that flag every time the underlying openwrt version changes.
I'll try again

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

ispyisail: I looked further into this and now see what's happening for you, though I don't know why it is happening. Your images for the usb routers are being built with the ar71xx/default profile, which is for routers without a usb port. These images would get copied into the images directory like this if your ar71xx/usb_large profile is failing to build properly for some reason, and those images aren't updated after the initial default build for routers without a usb port.

Maybe try to do a make V=99 ar71xx.usb_large and see if it fails?

db90h: I maintain both a git repository on gargoyle-router.com (git://gargoyle-router.com/gargoyle.git), and a mirror on github (git://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargoyle.git).

What ispyisail is posting here are his personal *builds*, not really official releases, though we ARE way overdue for a release -- I've been taking way too long to perfect the new plugin system, but luckily that's mostly done now and there will be a release soon. All official builds are available in the downloads section.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

complete rebuild

sudo rm -rf gargoyle

git clone git://gargoyle-router.com/gargoyle.git

make V=99 ar71xx.usb_large

Scanning dependencies of target CMakeLibTests
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
[ 98%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/CMakeLibTests.cxx.o
[ 98%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testGeneratedFileStream.cxx.o
[ 98%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testSystemTools.cxx.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testUTF8.cxx.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testXMLParser.cxx.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testXMLSafe.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable CMakeLibTests
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
[ 99%] Built target CMakeLibTests
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
Scanning dependencies of target runcompilecommands
[100%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/runcompilecommands.dir/run_compile_commands.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable runcompilecommands
[100%] Built target runcompilecommands
Scanning dependencies of target foo
[100%] Building CXX object Tests/FindPackageModeMakefileTest/CMakeFiles/foo.dir/foo.cpp.o
Linking CXX static library libfoo.a
[100%] Built target foo
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
touch /home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9/.built
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/tools/cmake'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src'
make[2]: *** [/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.tools_install_nnnnn] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src'
make[1]: *** [world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/ar71xx-src'
find: `bin': No such file or directory
find: `bin': No such file or directory
ls: cannot access bin: No such file or directory
user@ubuntu:~/gargoyle$

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Sorry, that was my fault, another one of my commits last night broke the build (for me too). I just committed a fix for that problem, but since I just made the commit that broke the build last night I doubt it's the source of your original problem. Try again now.