just to make sure, gargoyle upgrade with dd-wrt

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

dcbahr

just to make sure, gargoyle upgrade with dd-wrt

Post by dcbahr »

Hi, Just a few quick questions. Upgrading from dd-wrt with a tp-link 1043nd router. I had read that using the Upgrade file instead of the Factory.bin file would work if I have dd-wrt installed previously. Is this correct with version 1.9 of the tp-link 1043nd? Also, will any of my settings be saved? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question, but I just figured I'd ask; I'm guessing not since it's a new open-wrt based firmware. Should I revert back to stock firmware and then flash to gargoyle? If I do that, do I need to do the 30/30 reset as you have to do for dd-wrt? I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row and they are ready to quack. thanks, dave

dacman61

Re: just to make sure, gargoyle upgrade with dd-wrt

Post by dacman61 »

Here's a post on my experience:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=8&t=3677

I ended up going back to the stock firmware before eventually getting Gargoyle on my WR841N 7.2 router...

dcbahr

Re: just to make sure, gargoyle upgrade with dd-wrt

Post by dcbahr »

Ok, thanks that helps and is probably what I'll have to do just to be safe. I'm a bit confused, the Atitude Adjustment releases are for newer routers while the Backfire ones are for older, right? this router has 32 mb ram on it, just want to make sure I've got it right. thanks,