New Bandwidth Monitor in 1.0.5

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

NL2009

Re: New Bandwidth Monitor in 1.0.5

Post by NL2009 »

Hi Mike

I have also seen this problem on my WRT54GL after upgrading the firmware, but it is not 100% consistent. If I do a second "upgrade" of the same FW then it starts working correctly again. Maybe it is something unique to the WRT54GL router (?).

I am also interested if your quota usage data is maintained after reloading the same firmware. Do a backup beforehand just in case.
Regards, Nigel

BikeMike

Post by BikeMike »

I reloaded 1.0.8 several times but never got the bandwidth graphs working. Pretty sure the quotas reset each time too, that doesn't bother me as I only use daily quotas anyway. Difficult to do too much testing, it upsets the "natives" (teenage kids).

vask

Post by vask »

Since I read the words "per-ip monitoring without setting of static IPs" in the features of the new gargoyle-router version I was really excited... Especially since I thought some features from my proposal might be implemented:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... ?f=7&t=217

However, it doesn't seem that the REALTIME bandwidth data has had any improvement. I do NOT care about historical data for bandwidth really.

And I am still looking for a router firmware that can do:
REALTIME bandwidth usage per ip/mac with 0 configuration...

There are more details about what I am looking for in my proposal...
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... ?f=7&t=217

It's like BikeMike said:
BikeMike wrote:For me anything beyond the 15 minutes of bandwidth is pointless.
Actually for me it is more like anything beyond 2 minutes is pointless (2 minutes it the time-interval for the bandwidth graphs on DD-WRT).

qwasty

Post by qwasty »

Bridging still fails semi-catastrophically, as described here:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... ?f=6&t=176

And, I still get nothing in my connected hosts list, even though there's 3 systems connected to the router.

UPDATE:

After my upgrade, I have discovered that bridging does not work for me at all, in addition to failing as I have described in previous postings. When I downgraded to my old 1.0 beta 5 version, bridging works for me again. I restored my backed up settings. I haven't tried it with by re entering my settings manually. I have no other clues as to why the latest version can't bridge, but the old one can.

skynetbbs

Post by skynetbbs »

storing statistics on an external server would be great
i'm doing this currently using mac adres(router) and upload/download of 1 interface...one could add more interfaces...

storing settings over a firmware upgrade can be done :

an example on current fon-ng firmware upgrades ;
the upgrade script inside the tgz does the following :

tar cvzf /tmp/sysupgrade.tgz /etc/passwd /etc/group /etc/dropbear
/etc/samba/smbpasswd /etc/samba/secrets.tdb /etc/config/firewall
/etc/config/upnpd /etc/config/umtsd /etc/config/registered
/etc/config/gdata /etc/config/facebook /etc/config/flickr
/etc/config/mountd /etc/config/fon /etc/config/ddns /etc/config/wizard
mtd -j /tmp/sysupgrade.tgz -r write fonera20.image image

uncle john

Post by uncle john »

BikeMike wrote:...Difficult to do too much testing, it upsets the "natives" (teenage kids).
Oh. The other reason I was pursuing a PPPoE connection for DDNS was that many ISPs will provide you with up to 4 public IPs. Use one for your router and a separate one for the kid's router.