Impossible to login

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

phrunt

Re: Impossible to login

Post by phrunt »

failsafe appears to work, the sys light flashes rapidly once its in failsafe mode and it disappears off the ip address I've set for it which is 192.168.0.2, but it doesn't go to 192.168.1.1, I have no idea what happens, it doesn't seem to get an IP when in failsafe mode. Is it possible its on another address? I can't get a ping response from 192.168.1.1 nor can I Telnet or SSH to 192.168.1.1. when in failsafe mode, when not in failsafe mode I can go to 192.168.0.2 with the web interface and with ssh but I don't know the password it wants.

jorgemiguel4

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

Have you set manually your computer's IP address to 192.168.1.2?

phrunt

Post by phrunt »

yes I did, I also set gateway and dns to 192.168.1.1 just incase that was required, is there a specific port I should be using, I've tried wan and all 4 ports though but it didn't seem to make a difference.

jorgemiguel4

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

:shock:
I can't understand what's going on with your router.

phrunt

Post by phrunt »

once it was in failsafe mode I used a port scanner to try find a response from it, but nothing... it doesn't exist on 192.168.1.1

the most frustrating thing is the router is working, it works as a dhcp server for wired connections and you can go to the login screen no problems... just can't login.

pressing the reset button on the router must do something to have caused this issue. Gargoyle needs a BIG warning on the download for the TPLink's NOT TO PRESS RESET as its just going to brick everyones router.

jorgemiguel4

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

I have used reset button with the very last compilation with no problem...

Don't know what happened with yours. Do you have access to a Serial TTL USB cable?

petysku

Post by petysku »

I don't understand what you mean with USB cable. Can you detailen describe your solution?

If I reset the router the DHCP setting didn't change.

jorgemiguel4

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

Basically you have to do something like this:

Connect to your router with Putty via Serial, load a firmware image via TFTP to RAM and flash it.

Make sure you know exactly what you are doing. If unsure it's better to ship the router to someone who knows.

petysku

Post by petysku »

It is a challenge:)

So I connect serial TTL USB cable. I understand and than I use IP router address to send BIN file with firmware? It is true?

phrunt

Post by phrunt »

can you cut the end off a standard usb cable and connect it like that or does it have to be something special?