Impossible to login

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

petysku

Impossible to login

Post by petysku »

Hello,
I have TP-link 1043ND with Gargoyle v. 1.5.8 (gargoyle_1.5.8-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin). Yesterday, I had to use the reset button. I thought that with all values ​​set to defaults. But it did not happen. Network settings (IP address + DHCP settings) remains the same, turned off the wifi and the biggest problem is that when I try to login as an administrator, so it will not accept any password as passowrd, admin, etc. I tried instructions from http://www. dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash but not help. Can anyone advise me? Thank you very much.

Colahk

Re: Impossible to login

Post by Colahk »

I got the same problem with my TP-Link WR841N.
Try Telnet and Tftp to connect to the router but can't make the connection.

petysku

Post by petysku »

I too...TFTP and telnet not connected. SSH connected but login is too impossible. Please any solution?

Vipauer

Post by Vipauer »

Another with this problem... TP-Link WR741ND v4 :(

phrunt

Post by phrunt »

I have the exact same problem too, TP Link WR841ND, I left a post here on asking if anyone knows what to do but nobody responded to it.

I can go to my routers login page but no password works, not the one I set thats for sure and no the default.

I've tried to failsafe recovery, doesn't work.. I've tried for hours to fix this but just can't.

Tried TFTP, Tried failsafe, tried all I can think of...

petysku

Post by petysku »

I wrote to support and no answers :-(.

There are probably only a limited number of solutions:
1) What password are still set when reset? Password as the password, admin, etc, it is not.
2) Does anyone know of a way to upload a BIN file through a web interface without logging in?
3) Does anyone know of a way to perform a reset (to set the correct default values) via a web interface without logging in?
4) Over SSH, TFTP, Telnet can not. Can you think of any other solution?
5) Throw out and buy new hardware :-)

phrunt

Post by phrunt »

I spent another couple of hours on it today, still no luck. I tried 3rd party tools to flash the router, no good.

There just has to be a way, Obviously pressing the reset button has half reset the router, its deleted the passwords but not finished the job or something.. I've tried admin/password root/password admin/no password root/no password, admin and root with the password I set, administrator/password administrator/no password plus many many other combinations. Nothing seems to work. It seems insane you can't press the reset button without bricking the router, I wish I stuck with DD-WRT.

It's frustrating... I don't want to have to try the hardware recovery solution as buying the gear to do it and then the gamble of it even working make it not worth it.

Hopefully support will help when they get time!

jorgemiguel4

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

Have you tried failsafe?

Code: Select all

mount_root
passwd

petysku

Post by petysku »

to: jorgemiguel4
It didn't help