Connecting from WAN to LAN

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Kantoku

Connecting from WAN to LAN

Post by Kantoku »

Hello,

I installed gargoyle on my TP-Link TL-WR1043N and it's great.
I have a strange problem though. The wired connection in my apartment is not under my control and there are ethernet sockets in most of the rooms, but I still need wifi for my portable devices and convenience, so I bought the router and installed gargoyle (like I do with every router I get). However, I'd like to be able to access shared files from my laptop (which is connected through gargoyle to the router) on the devices that are connected on the wired network. Gargoyle is connected to the wired network on the WAN.
The wired network gives out IPs like 10.240.1.x and gargoyle is set up on the default 192.168.1.x
Is there any way for the devices connected on the wired network to talk to the wireless devices?
I thought of adding a route on the wired device using the WAN IP of gargoyle as the gateway, but that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Kantoku

Re: Connecting from WAN to LAN

Post by Kantoku »

I also thought of just mounting the laptop share into gargoyle and then accessing that from a folder in a usb share, but the cifs module doesn't seem to want to install using opkg (I get some error about the kernel version).