Remote access setup help

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin

Remote access setup help

Post by Kingpin »

I am using my TPLink1043nd v1.8 flashed with gargoyle 1.5.6 and beetel 450tc1 adsl modem provided by ISP. It works great for my guest house. Since new guests join and leave every few days, it becomes difficult to assign static ip for them on site. It will be much easier if i can access the gargoyle configuration from wherever i am through internet. i used ddns and could access the adsl modem configuration. Please guide me how to access the router through wan. Is it possible to use my particular modem in bridge mode? I have not done any port forwarding before.

pbix
Developer

Re: Remote access setup help

Post by pbix »

Seems you are doing double NAT with both your Gargoyle router and modem in router mode.

It would be best if you put your router in bridge mode but I have no idea if/how it could be done. That would require investigation of the modems configuration screens. In bridge mode remote access is straight forward.

However, in double NAT mode you can still access your Gargoyle web interface if you can put a port forward into your modem. Forward port 8080 on your modem to your Gargoyle router. Then enable remote access on your Gargoyle router and set the port to 8080.

You can then access your router using any browser using the URL like https://your.modem.IP:8080
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM