No internet on PCs after changing WAN Mac

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

itechtipster

No internet on PCs after changing WAN Mac

Post by itechtipster »

Hi,
Gargoyle's firmware looked cool so I wanted to give it a try. My ISP provides static IP and a MAC address. After installing Gargoyle's into my TP-LINK 1043ND I have changed WAN MAC to custom. Unfortunately, I am not getting internet on my PCs.

WAN seems working correctly as I can see the time has been updated on Gargoyle. But, I simply cannot browser from my PC. Is there any fix or am I doing something wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments
Gargoyle_Config.png
Gargoyle_Config.png (61.74 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
TP_Link_Config.png
TP_Link_Config.png (22.69 KiB) Viewed 3901 times

itechtipster

Re: No internet on PCs after changing WAN Mac

Post by itechtipster »

Can anyone suggest me anything? :)

diskers

Post by diskers »

Hi,
Some ISP are allowing connection only with a specified MAC address of the unit connected to the modem. If you changed the MAC of your router you will have in this case to inform you ISP for him to put it on the white list what will allow you to access the internet. You can also get back to the previous MAC.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Since you are using the custom MAC feature I cannot see how your ISP could know that you changed your router. Is the custom MAC you are using the same as the MAC of the old router.

You should change your router IP address to 10.10.66.1. The router must always have address .1

How did you get such a strange router address of 10.10.66.72? Make sure you are in router mode and not bridge mode.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

diskers

Post by diskers »

Didn't watch to the attached pics.... Anyway why google dns?